Tuesday 19 August 2014

'If you're on CBB, you probably need benefits' White Dee says housemates can't judge her

SHE'S the controversial benefits scrounger who became an overnight celebrity.
white deeCONTROVERSIAL: White Dee doesn't consider herself to be a celeb [CH 5]
Yet White Dee is still at risk of being ridiculed by her fellow Celebrity Big BROTHER housemates – and the rest of the UK – for not being officially famous.
But the Benefits Street reality star insists she doesn't see herself as a celeb and says her roomies probably weren't far off needing to sign on themselves.
Speaking to Daily Star Online ahead of her appearance on the show, Dee also explained she's "still not 100 per cent sure I want to go in".
She said: "I was asked to go in, then I said no, then I was asked again, I said no. It's just something I thought I'd never, ever do.
"I am a really humble person, it's the word 'celebrity'. I don't see myself as one as I've never called myself one. That's the bit I can't get over.
"You'll have critics no matter who you are, the big one is going to be, 'She's not a celebrity', well, she doesn't think she is.

"At the end of the day, if you were given this opportunity, would you take it? I've been given it and eventually I've agreed to give it a go."
The 43-year-old continued: "I'll go in Dee and come out Dee. I'm grounded, I'm not stuck-up. I know my place and I know exactly where I'm going back to.
"If you're going on Celebrity Big BROTHER you were probably only that tiny bit away from going on benefits yourself."
The early favourite to win the show explained she's "very shy", considers herself to be "boring" and is "just normal".
Dee said: "I'm not a celebrity, I'm a well-known voice from a very topical documentary. If being that voice and face entertained 12million people a week, you might have a ratings hit [for CBB].
"What you'll see with me is what you've already seen because that is what I am.
"I think a lot of people who are probably in the media, they'd have a lot more to prove because you either keep it up 24 hours a day or people find out that you're nothing like how you come across."
Considering the most controversial character just won BB, perhaps Dee will follow in Helen Wood's footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment